Mnstri OSC Tools Plugin For Quartz Composer
This plugin contains four different patches.
Animata OSC Patches (Now Part of Mnstri OSC Tools)
- Animata Layer OSC – Sends messages controlling visibility, opacity, absolute position and relative position of Animata layers.
- Animata Joint OSC – Sends messages controlling the absolute position of Animata joints
- Animata Bone OSC – Sends messages controlling the length of Animata bones.
The open source, real-time animation tool Animata can be controlled externally via OSC. However, it has been previously impossible to send compatible messages from Quartz Composer, because the default OSC patch in Quartz Composer doesn’t natively support mixing different kinds of data types in your messages.
Månsteri OSC Sender (Now Part of Mnstri OSC Tools)
This OSC plugin for Quartz Composer allows the user to change the IP, port number and address space dynamically through the input ports.
The current version does not support sending QC Structures as multiple values, but I am looking into ways of implementing it. Please let me know, if you come up with a good solution.
Download Mnstri OSC Tools 1.5 (includes source code)
- THIS IS IMPORTANT! Remove AnimataOSC.plugin and MonsteriOSCSender.plugin files from your /Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Plug-Ins folder before installing, if you have installed them previously.
- Move the MnstriOSCTools.plugin to the folder /Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Plug-Ins
Download clips for VDMX. I’ve just published the inputs so that VDMX sees them. Put these in the yourusername/Library/Application Support/VDMX/plugins/ folder and you will have access to them from the plugin manager.
You might want to change the Min and Max values of any position data to better suit your needs. Currently the absolute ones are set on 1024×768 and the relative layer position is set from -50 to 50.